All forms can be downloaded from the Office Fair Trading website
Important Information for Tenants:
Applying for a property
You can obtain an Application for Residential Tenancy Form from a member of our staff or download the application form here.
Please note that your application will only be processed if you have:
(a) physically inspected the property; and
(b) provided the following:
1. Option Fee Deposit i.e. 1 week’s rent (Cash or Cheque ONLY, exact amount required). Note: if you are accepted, this money will be your first week’s rent. If you are not accepted, this money will be refunded. If you are successful but then decline the property, you will forfeit the deposit.
2. Copy of Photo Identification for every person in the application i.e. Drivers Licence or Passport (100 points of ID required for each person).
3. Every tenant that will be residing at the premises must fill out their details and sign where required.
Your rights and duties
Your rights and duties as a tenant are set out in the Residential Tenancies Act. You can find a summary of these rights and duties.
The Standard Security Bond is 4 weeks’ rent and lasts the duration of your tenancy. It will be held by the Bond Administrator, which is part of the Office Fair Trading
Once the tenancy is finalised and agreement has been reached on the disbursement amounts, we will ask you to sign a Joint Application for Disposal of Security Bond, releasing the bond.
Property Condition Report
You will be given a Property Condition Report at the commencement of your tenancy.
Please read it thoroughly in accordance with the instructions on the report. You must retain one copy for yourself, and return one signed copy to our office within 14 days.
If you fail to do this, the Final Bond Inspection will be carried out against this original report.
Our Property Manager will carry out a Routine Inspection approximately 6 weeks after commencement of the tenancy, and every 3 months thereafter. Please note that the owner may accompany the Property Manager on inspections.
Please ensure the property is presented in a clean and tidy manner.
Finalising your tenancy
You must notify the Property Manager of your intention to vacate the property in writing and as soon as possible.
For a periodic tenancy, you must give a minimum of 21 days’ notice.
For a fixed term tenancy, please allow as much notice as possible.
**You will find the various Notice Forms below.**
• refer to your Property Condition Report;
• carry out carpet and general cleaning prior to returning your keys to the office.
• return your keys to our office (rent will be charged until the keys are returned)
• give the Property Manager your forwarding address at the time of returning your keys.
The Property Manager will carry out a Final Bond Inspection the following working day and notify you of any cleaning or damage discrepancies.
Once we have calculated all deductions (if any) to be made to your Bond, we will forward you a list.