TENANT EMERGENCY CHECKLIST PLEASE NOTE BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY WORKS, ENSURE YOU HAVE ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT OUR EMERGENCY NUMBER ON: 0400 818 716
Urgent repairs fall into two categories: 1) Essential Services are listed in the Residential Tenancy Regulations include repairs to: 2) Other urgent repairs are those that are not an essential service, but might cause damage to the premises or cause undue hardship or inconvenience to tenant.
• A Burst Water Service
• Gas Leak
• Broken Hot Water System
• Sewerage Leaks
• Dangerous Electrical Faults
• Broken refrigerator
• Broken washing machine
• Broken tumble dryer
• Faulty air conditioning unit (If included in tenancy)
NO HOT WATER OR RUNNING TAP/ BURST PIPE OR GAS LEAK BEFORE calling emergency service, please check you have completed the following: NO POWER/ ELECTRICITY
• Check power board/ meter box to confirm all switches are ON.
• Make sure your electricity or gas bill is paid and not disconnected.
• If you have a gas hot water system, please ensure the pilot light is lit at all times. It’s a good idea to familiarise yourself with how your system operates early on in the tenancy.
• If a washer has given way and your taps are beyond a leak please turn off your water at the mains which is generally located somewhere on your front verge/ nature strip.
• If a pipe has burst please turn off main water supply immediately.
• If there is an over powering gas smell at the property please locate your main gas supply in meter box and turn OFF.
• Check power board/ meter box and confirm all switches are ON.
• Make sure your electricity bill is paid up to date and disconnection hasn’t taken place.
• Contact 0400 818 716 and check they are aware of any power outages in the area.
• If possible, check with a neighbor and confirm if they are experiencing the same issue.
• If your lights are working but your power points etc. are NOT then please switch off all power points throughout the entire property and unplug all appliances and white goods etc. Ensure all switches in the power board/meter box are ON. Then return inside and plug in each appliance one by one. If the power flicks off again then the last appliance plugged in is your offender. DO NOT continue to use this appliance as it’s faulty.
ELECTRICAL FAULT STORM DAMAGE
• If an electrical fault happens during your tenancy and there are live wires or a fire started by a fault please call the fire department IMMEDIATLEY.
• If at any time you experience damage during a storm, please contact 0400 818 716 to report it to us for actioning repairs.
• If the damages are severe and life threating, please contact State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500